Advance Care Planning 101: What is it? is an introductory course - with a target audience of clinicians with little knowledge of advance care planning.
These are the patients' decisions to make; regardless of what patients choose for their care, and the decisions are based on their personal values, preferences, and discussions with their loved ones.
This program should increase knowledge as it relates to the importance of holding the "advance care planning" conversation with patients.
It should also improve competency of skill as it relates to the ability to hold "advance care planning" conversations with patient/family;
and should improve patient care / outcomes as it relates to helping ensure that a patient's wishes for treatments received or not received are honored.
At the end of this session, each attendee should be able to:
- Describe evidence-based benefits of serious illness conversations for patients and families.
- Describe the clinician's role in improving serious illness conversations.
- List the components of the serious illness conversations guide.
- Practice using the serious illness conversation guide.
This program is designed for all SC Physicians and other interested medical professionals
Faculty and Planner Disclosures:
None of the faculty or planners have any Relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Commercial Support Disclosure:
There was no commercial support received for this Enduring material.
To receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ you must complete the following:
• Watch this course in its entirety.
• You must correctly answer 75% of the post-test questions.
• Complete the evaluation form.
• Windows: X86 or x64 (64-bit mode support for IE only) 1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAM, sound card and speakers. Internet Explorer 7+, Google Chrome 12+, and Firefox 3.6+
• Mac: a Mac running Mac OS 10.4.11+ (Browsers must be in 32-bit mode), an Intel Core Duo 1.83-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAM, sound capabilities, and Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 16.0+.
You can view our privacy statement here: https://www.scmedical.org/content/privacy_statement